On March 31st, 2017, CentOS will be halting support and maintenance updates for CentOS 5. On March 1st, 2017 Scalr will be also be ending CentOS 5 support for the Scalarizr agent. This will allow Scalr to provide new features in the agent that will not be tested on CentOS 5. Scalarizr agent 5.3.6 is the final version supporting CentOS 5. Full testing of Scalarizr will continue on current (6 and later) versions of CentOS.
We strongly encourage all users to upgrade their systems to a newer version of CentOS moving forward.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please reach out to us via your normal Support channel and we will do our best to quickly address your inquiries.
Wm. Marc O'Brien and the Scalr team
Scalr is pleased to announce the release of Scalr 6.1.1, which is available immediately for our Enterprise Edition customers, and also has been deployed to our Hosted Scalr platform. Scalr 6.1.1 is an important release with over 40 product enhancements and updates, including several key new features:
- Discovery Manager - Phase 3: extends the capabilities of Discovery Manager, which allows users to import Virtual Machines, not originally provisioned through Scalr, but "discoverable" under existing Cloud Service account credentials. Phase 3 adds the ability to install the Scalarizr agent directly on imported infrastructure, thus enabling all the features and functionality of the Scalr platform for imported machines.
- Container Discovery - Docker Integration Phase 1: the first phase of container integration, includes Container Discovery, which automatically detects Docker containers deployed on virtual machines, and provides a view into deployed Containers, including key information such as container image, launch date, labels, volumes, network information, etc. Container Discovery also includes an intelligent search and filtering capability to locate containers based on various metadata.
- Google Cloud Policy Additions: the Scalr Policy Engine now includes the ability to enforce policy for Google Cloud networks and subnets.
- RDS and ELB Tagging: updates to Scalr tagging policy to tag RDS and ELB instances. RDS and ELB instances are tagged based on the Farm that they are associated with.
- Support for EC2 Dedicated Instances: adds support for Amazon EC2 dedicated instance types.
- New Global Variables to support RDS defaults: Scalr Global Variables can be used to set defaults for Amazon RDS, including maintenance window, backup window and backups retention period)
We are excited about the 6.1.1 release and welcome your feedback and comments. We will be updating our documentation in coming days with more information on accessing and using these features.
The Scalr Team.